Suffolk broadband uptake triggers council windfall

Wednesday, March 18th 2015
More than 20 per cent of local residents are now signed up to superfast broadband connections in Suffolk.
Suffolk broadband uptake triggers council windfall
Suffolk County Council has received a boost to funding following the successful uptake of superfast broadband by residents in its area.

The number of properties able to connect to superfast broadband in the county has now exceeded 75,000, the East Anglian Daily Times reports.

Achieving this key milestone means the Better Broadband for Suffolk Programme has now reached 20 per cent of potential users in the area and the council is set to receive additional funding to redouble its efforts to reach the remaining 80 per cent as a result.

Council Leader Mark Bee told the news provider: "We are ... hitting significant milestones in the programme and it is vitally important that people who now have access to increased speeds and superfast fibre, take the opportunity to upgrade to these new services."

A key target for the project will now be achieving innovative solutions to help drive increased access to superfast connections in those areas that have been deemed hard to reach to date.

Related Stories

Millions of Britons are living with broadband speeds that do not live up to their expectations.
Broadband customers are to be given powers to switch providers if their service does not meet their expectations.
Knutsford residents are benefiting from enhanced broadband services.
A new pilot scheme will aim to bring superfast broadband to hard-to-reach areas across North Lincolnshire.
The ongoing iNorthumberland project is to benefit from an additional influx of funds.
Shropshire residents are to benefit from an extra £5.5 million in funding for enhanced broadband services.

Add a comment

Comment
Your name
Your e-mail address

Comments (0)

Home  |  Guides  |  Links  |  Local  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms
Copyright © 2005-2018 Broadbandchoice.co.uk. All rights reserved.