Surrey super-fast broadband team offers coverage assurance

Monday, June 24th 2013
Dormansland, Felcourt and Lingfield will not be forgotten about in Surrey's super-fast broadband rollout, the team behind the project has insisted.
Surrey super-fast broadband team offers coverage assurance
Surrey's super-fast broadband team has promised that the communities of Dormansland, Felcourt and Lingfield will not miss out in the multimillion-pound rollout.

Partnering with BT, the county council aims to bring fibre optic-based connectivity to 85,000 homes and businesses, Programme Director Lucie Glenday explained in a public meeting last week.

Furthermore, she promised that this improved infrastructure would be rolled out to 95 per cent of postcodes in the Lingfield area by the end of the year, reports the East Grinstead Courier and Observer.

Some 99.7 per cent of Surrey properties should be connected to super-fast broadband by late 2014, but Ms Glenday stressed that the remaining 0.3 per cent would not simply be ignored.

"It just might take us a little longer to get to the more rural … or complicated areas," she explained.

Surrey's broadband project is arguably the most ambitious in the country, with no other county aiming to deliver 100 per cent fibre optic coverage.

Related Stories

Millions of Britons are living with broadband speeds that do not live up to their expectations.
Communications providers across the UK need to improve their level of service, Ofcom has stated.
Broadband customers are to be given powers to switch providers if their service does not meet their expectations.
An investment in superfast broadband will benefit homes and businesses across Dorset.
A new pilot scheme will aim to bring superfast broadband to hard-to-reach areas across North Lincolnshire.
Businesses across Lincolnshire are crying out for improved broadband services.

Add a comment

Comment
Your name
Your e-mail address

Comments (0)

Home  |  Guides  |  Links  |  Local  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms
Copyright © 2005-2021 Broadbandchoice.co.uk. All rights reserved.